nursery operations manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within our organisation for a Nursery Operations Manager to oversee both our ‘Otter’ and ‘Sempervirens’ plant centres, based in Woking and Twickenham respectively.
The ideal candidate will have similar experience in a managerial role within the Horticultural Industry and familiar with the retailing environment. There is currently a management team in place for each nursery, so the job will be focused on overseeing both departments and reporting directly to the Directors. This is a full-time role (Monday to Friday) from 7.30am – 4pm.
Why Kingston Landscape Group?
- Fast growing business
- Annual Appraisals to discuss career Development and Training Opportunities
- Workplace pension scheme, free parking at HQ etc.
- Employee benefits, such as Cycle to Work Scheme, Birthday Vouchers, Attendance Bonus and Work Parties (When permitted).
- Any additional training required to enable this role to be performed will be provided at the company’s expense.
- Oversee the day-day running of the Ottershaw Nursery and Sempervirens Nursery
- Planning work rosters to ensure all tasks are performance safely and effectively
- Responsible for overseeing the management of the staff
- Oversee both Nursery Yards
- Hold Weekly Meetings
- Focus on Increasing Profits
- Liaise with key staff members within the organisation to ensure relevant information is made available to inform the strategic decision-making process
- Work closely with the existing buying and marketing functions
- Maintenance of Nursery infra structure and Assets
Required Skills needed for the role:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an Operations Manager in a similar industry
- Good Communication Skills
- Good Organisational Skills
- Full Clean Drivers Licence
- Sound Plant and Landscaping Materials knowledge
- Experience in leading and managing a team across multiple sites
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions where necessary
- Good Computer Skills
Job Type: Full Time – Monday – Friday
To apply for this position please complete the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org